Thursday, May 1, 2014

So, you’re looking for creative ways to use GOOGLE DRIVE in the classroom? Great! Me too! As I was reading through some old essays from my students, I realized that they needed to work more on their thesis statements… In other words, I need to work more with them on their thesis statements.

So, I immediately sent out a Google Spreadsheet. 3 columns for each section I teach:
1) Names,
2) Thesis Statements, &
3) My Responses.

 I shared this link with each of my students and gave them all editing rights. It was amazing! Students started putting in their tentative thesis statements and I starting giving them comments. Not only could they see the comments for their own thesis statements but they could see their classmates as well! It was great! They could see all around the sorts of comments that I was giving them. It was a great way to collaborate - across time & space. Students and myself could work on this and view this whenever they wanted.

What are some of the ways that you have used Google in, and out, of the classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment