Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Where I've Been and Why I'm Back


I can't believe that it's been 2 1/2 years since my last blog post.  That's unbelievable to me.  Over the past 2 1/2 years, I have been a very busy lady.  There have been so many personal and professional changes in my life that I'm very proud to share with you.

 
Pictures of me with my international students


  • I finished my graduate degree.
  • I started teaching in international education, a field that was completely new to me.
  • I was promoted to administration.
  • I began training, mentoring, and leading teachers in an official capacity.
  • I presented at an national teaching conference on international education.
  • I led national webinars teaching administrators on best practices in metacognition and collaboration in the classroom.
Right: Me at my MA in English Linguistics graduation

Left: Me before presenting at English USA
Right: Me training teachers on grading writing


And those are just the professional changes.  No surprises but there have been a lot of life changes as well.  Moving.  Relationships.  Church.  Small group.  Friends.  Too many changes to count.

I'm so grateful for all of these changes, though, because I have grown in a deep and profound way.  In many ways, I'm a completely different person than I was 1 year ago.  I'm wiser, more experienced, and more assure of myself.  I'm comfortable leading others and taking risks on my own.  Even more, I'm comfortable coaching others on how they can successfully and effectively take risks.

And now I'm back.

I'm back and ready share what I've learned with you.   I wouldn't have been able to embark on some of these amazing opportunities without someone sharing with me first. It's time for me to pay it forward.

From this point forward, this blog is dedicated to:

  • Developing teachers and enhancing practices
  • Mentoring teacher leaders and administrators
  • Sharing best practices about management and leadership both inside and outside of the classroom
I'm excited to share content with you on this page.  You'll also be able to find content on my other platforms as well.  Please be sure to like my Facebook page and follow me on Instagram so you can catch this info as well!

So buckle in!  We're in for a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment